9.15.2008

Recent Events in the Ferguson Household


On August 11th, Kale turned TWO! I already see that God has given him the gift of joy. It is easier for him to laugh than to cry. His greatest fulfillment comes from making those around him laugh. He is our performer, as you will see in one of the pics below. He's never far from his guitar. He loves to sing - some of his favorites are "Mighty to Save," "The B-I-B-L-E," "Zaccheus," and "ABC's." He has been talking in complete sentences since he was 19 mo's. Here are just some of the things he says on a daily basis:

1. Give me that car back, RIGHT NOW!
2. I just farted - out of my bottom! (followed by a lot of laughter)
3. Get me some apple juice, please mom.
4. Turn the air off mom.
5. Let's go to the baseball game in two minutes, mom.
6. Stop it right now, Kade (or Kamden.)
7. I want to hold Brynlee on the couch.
8. Where'd Buzz go, mom?
9. Daddy go to work, mom?
10. See you later lalligator.
11. Did you take da boys (Kade and Kamden) to school, mom?

He does not take too well to being pushed around or bullied by his older brothers. Let's just say that he usually comes out the winner :) He loves to jump on the trampoline and he is way into the Wiggles right now. He could eat sausage and cheese for every meal. Can you tell that I love this kid? He is so special and a joy to parent. But I do see the two year old tantrums coming quickly...I'm sure I'll be blogging about those shortly.


Kamden started his first year at Mother's Day Out and Kade started his last year at Mother's Day Out. Here they are all ready to head to school on the first day.

I could hardly get Kade to stop for me to take a picture at the door because he was so eager to go in. I love that he is always confident wherever he is. He just went in his classroom and acted as if he had known everyone for years. And Keith and I just laughed when we got his daily report sheet and it said that he had been the line leader for the first day - that's so his personality, to lead and be first.

Big brother reassuring little brother with a big hug that they'll have fun at their school - no need to be scared. And Kamden did awesome. He had a glowing report on his little take home sheet and had a huge smile on his face when I picked him up. It has made him feel so grown up to get to go to school. He's getting ready on his own in the mornings and even trying to make his bed like Kade does. He's become very helpful with Kale too since he started school. It's funny, but Kamden is moving on past the whiny stage as Kale is entering into the whiny stage.

Did anyone see the Saturday Night Live opening skit this past weekend? If not, check it out on their site... http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/ - it is hilarious! Tina Fey did an amazing job impersonating Sarah Palin.

Also, Keith and I have been taking a parenting class at church. It has been such a good reminder of the awesome responsibility we have with shepherding our children well for the short amount of time we have them. I have heard our Family Pastor say this many times, but it challenges me every time..."We teach what we know, but we reproduce who we are." That's my little parenting thought for the day.

Blessings!

2 comments:

Kendall said...

I have seen Kale playing guitar and watching the Wiggles, oh, I feel like I know him so well.
Yes, I did see the SNL skit. Tina and Amy were very funny together.
I had fun seeing your pictures.

Elizabeth said...

I love the new pictures and hearing about the changes taking place. Although, it is all happening way too quickly for me. I hope I can keep up with it all. Can't wait to see you all soon - I hope!
Be sure to tell Kade and Kamden how proud of them it made me feel reading about them helping you and each other!
Love, Mama E.