9.10.2008

Cooking with Kade

Kade usually stays up with me now while his brothers and sister take naps. So, we try to use that time to spend special time together. On one of these occasions recently, we decided to cook a fruit pizza for dinner dessert. He told me that he needed to wear the chef hat in order to cook. I thought that made very good sense :) Kade has been well prepared for this chef role - the two of us used to watch Paula Deen (a.k.a. "the cooking lady") on the Food Network during nap time. That's the only way I could get him to fall asleep when he was transitioning to not taking naps. So...here's some pics of my sweet little chef-in-the-making.









My main help was placing the flour on his cheek to make him look like a real chef. And didn't the pizza turn out good? I do have to admit that I struggle with constantly wanting to take over whatever step he's working on, but I love seeing his pride when I let him do it himself.

5 comments:

Hallam Fam News said...

I'm so glad that my child is no longer the only one nekkid on blogs!!! That pizza looks yummy! By the way, we got Cariboo and she loves it!! It's really helping her with counting and finding the letters.

Gennae H. said...

The fruit pizza looks great! What cookbook were you using? Isn't it nice to have one on one time with each child? I know that's something I miss from having an only child for so long.

Elizabeth said...

Be sure to tell Kade that Mama E. thought the pizza was beautiful and looked delicious. Wish I could have had some, too!
Thanks for sharing.
Love, Mama E.

Dana said...

How fun! Kade looks great as a master chef. I would like to order a pizza please.

Elizabeth said...

I love the new pictures at the top of the blog. Did I get a copy of the one with the boys in it alone on the far right??? Hint, Hint...ha. Looks great!
Love, Mama E.
P.S. I'll see if I can get it, too, on my iphoto. I'll let you know - haven't tried it yet.