5.02.2011

favorite iphone apps

I am a sucker for the free and .99¢ apps for my iphone. love, love, love trying them out. Sometimes, if I hear they're really good, I'll on occasion go wild and purchase one of the $1.99 apps. I usually get one or two iTunes gift cards for Christmas and it makes it just too easy to hit the install button :-)

Here are some of the ones I enjoy the most...

1) Twitter - This is really helping me to learn to keep my thoughts short and sweet. I've noticed that men tend to use Twitter more and ladies tend to prefer Facebook....I wonder why that is ;-) maybe because FB allows for comments and for longer postings so we can fit all our words in! I would enjoy getting to see more of your thoughts on Twitter and not just men that I know who use the app a lot - so here's my plea - JOIN me in the Twitter world!! It is such a quick way to pass on links and valuable information found on the web or to let everyone know you've updated your blog.

2) Google - I love the feature on this where you can search for something thru the voice recorder. I tend to think about random stuff when I'm driving and that's not really a good time to be typing in the search box, so the voice feature keeps me and everyone around me safe!

3) Icredibooth - I just downloaded this one this morning based on a friend's recommendation and it is so fun! You know how she convinced me it was worth it? She told me she uses it to send "special" pictures to her husband sometimes. Oh the fun I'm planning to have with this one! I'm just saying that you can "help" your husband to remember throughout the day how home with you is really the best place to be ;-) Now, I won't name names on which friend sold me on this one, but I will say that they have a sweet marriage, so you really might want to consider jumping on this one.

4) Shazam - This is so I don't go crazy trying to figure out the artist or name of song when I'm stumped with something I'm hearing on the radio. It can affect the rest of my day and take up all my brain space if I can't think of something in regards to a song, so this really helps my sanity. Warning - they limit your uses (which I found out the hard way), so only use it when you're really about to go mad if you don't know the information right then.

5) Words with Friends - This is fun as long as I'm winning :-) I'm not as motivated to play when I have a horrible set of letters. I know, not fair play. Laura and Tomi - don't give up on me. I'm a work in progress.

That's all I can write about for now...kids are all needing something at the same time and don't care that I'm not done with my list. Boo.

1 comment:

Gennae H. said...

I'm on twitter...and I'm following you. Doesn't that sound creepy?! :) I don't really know how to use it with all those @ symbols but I'm out there.