2.23.2009

Sacrificial Love

So, my mom is simply amazing and I hate that I don't tell her that more often. She and I can bicker back and forth with the best of them and I know I can be pretty ruthless with her about certain issues, but deep down, I am so very thankful to the Lord that she's my mom. I'm not just saying that to make her cry, though I know she will, but I truly think she is a gift from God and I just feel the need to acknowledge this truth tonight.

She retired last March from a job she had held for most of my life to be able to move near us so that she could be available to help when we needed her. Just in time, because I was a couple months away from expecting Brynlee, our fourth! It's just a God-thing that she was even able to retire when she did, really a gift from my late father, who would so not be happy knowing that he is the one who blessed her with the gift of being able to enjoy retirement!

Anyways, since she has retired, she has served our family soooo many times. This past week has been an extra special week of service for mom. She has worked overtime to take care of us as we've all struggled with the flu. I am sitting in a clean home with clean clothes, and I have pretty much been strapped to my chair all week. My kids have been fed every meal and been entertained and loved on. My hubby has had clean sheets put on the bed twice so that he wouldn't be sleeping with flu germs. I'm telling you, she has hardly had a chance to sit down. And I basically have had to make her stop to take a rest break. Otherwise, she would just keep serving. I teased her tonight that now I really know her full potential with how much she can get done in a day and I'm impressed :) She has modeled so many things to me through the years, but this past week will forever stick out in my mind as what sacrificial love looks like. Thanks mom, for loving us so well. You have made a bad week seem not so bad after all.




Love, your daughter.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

oh my...i can only imagine how many sweet tears she shed :)
ms. bobby is the best!!! i am glad your family is coming back to life!

Elizabeth said...

I also want to add our thanks to your mom from us. We are so thankful, too, that she is there and able to help. The pictures are darling of her with the "grands". She will deserve a good rest when ya'll get back on your feet. Hope it is soon! Thoughts and prayers are with you all!
Love, Mama E. & Papa

Laura said...

Granny Bobbie is the best! You are such a lucky daughter to have your sweet mother so close. She is a blessing to us all, but I have been so thankful for you these past six months that she is here to help you and keep you sane. We love you all and are praying for your health.

Dana said...

Bobbie Jean, we love you. You have always had a servants heart and I know I didn't tell you this enough when I could have. Hopefully I will get to see you again soon! Love you, Dana

Kendall said...

Yes, what a sweet mom! Bobbie, they really are blessed to have you close. We hope you are all getting healthy again.

Sara Wolf said...

I hope you guys are all feeling better. Say Hi to your mom for us. You're right - she is amazing!

Morale said...

We all knew that she was a strong and serving soul. Love just pours out of her naturally...just like her daughter!

Love you all. Hope you are feeling better.

morale.