11.05.2008

Welcome Home!

Hopefully, most of you know not to wait on me to post news - like an update on Keith's health. I am slow at this blogging thing, that's all there is to it. I have no excuses - except for four children who require A LOT of attention - does that count :)

Keith is doing wonderful. And because he is doing wonderful, I am doing wonderful. I just can't thank the Lord enough for restoring Keith's health. He went for his sleep-deprived EEG yesterday morning and then we met with his neurologist. She took him off the seizure medication because all the tests have officially come back looking good. I wanted to ask her more about the workings of his brain - always been a little curious...but I refrained. I've already teased him so much about what he did when he was in his crazy unconscious state that I thought it bests to leave him alone this time. The neurologist said that though rare, they think he had the grand mal seizure because of the sinus infection. Needless to say, we are going to be seeing an allergist and ENT doctor on a regular basis from now on.

Here are some pics of my awesome hubby at home.


We got home from the hospital around 6:00 on Halloween evening. Our neighbors and our RLG kept up our tradition of providing hot dogs to all our neighbors and trick-or-treaters. So, almost as soon as we arrived home, we had around 50 adults and kids on our front lawn getting ready for the night. One of our sweet neighbors, Judy, made cupcakes for Kade's birthday, assuming that we weren't going to have time to make him a cake - she was right! Kade wouldn't blow out his candles until his daddy came out to watch him.


We have the most awesome neighbors. Our parents and the kids woke up one morning to find this banner hanging on our fence in the backyard. What a fun treat in the midst of trying times. A lot of the kids from the two streets around us painted their handprints on the sign and the adults signed it. It is still hanging up just because it makes us smile. This is the only pic from the week that I took. I couldn't bring myself to take any pics in the hospital. I love this banner because instead of reminding me of the difficulties, it reminds me to be thankful for all the precious people God has richly blessed our lives with. That's what I want to scrapbook about - when I do get a chance to scrapbook :)


Check back on the blog soon. A new tradition was born in our family last night and I can't wait to share it with all of you. Maybe some of you will want to be a family of nerds like us...I'll try to post it tomorrow. But you know how that goes...

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Barie,

I am so glad to hear the good news about Keith's latest appointment and the progress he has made. I have been praying for you, Keith and your entire family. I can only imagine how you felt during this difficult time. You are an inspiration. God is great!

Kendall said...

I loved this update! love, Kendall

Suzi K said...

Love pictures! What amazing neighbors you have! So sweet!

Mandy said...

Glad to hear that your husband is home and well! What a testimony to God's faithfulness! I love the banner, I'll have to remember that one to use later. I'm very curious about the new family tradition?