11.15.2008

Better Than A Boob Job!

Ladies - if you are looking for a way to be more attractive to your husband, I mean REALLY attractive - try this: Get in the Word! I am serious, it is better than a boob job (and just for the record, this title came from my husband when I was discussing with him my desire for ladies to really know the impact that being in God's Word makes.) Here was my experience from this past weekend (and there are tons more stories I could tell you):

I have been struggling with thinking that we needed to move into a bigger home. You know, the constant desire for more, more, more. I found a home in our neighborhood that I had decided would be perfect for our family and would give us extra room as our children got bigger. I found myself all of a sudden not being content with the home God had blessed us with and the home that my hubby works so hard so that we can live in it. Not attractive.

Then, on Saturday morning, as I had my extended time in the Word, God totally set my heart back to reflect His heart again. And what does that look like - being thankful for the many blessings He has given me, wanting to affirm my husband that he does so well in providing for our family and taking care of us, wanting to save money instead of spend money on temporary things, smiling more and not being so grumpy, etc. - all attractive traits to my hubby.

I challenge you this week to really pursue the heart of our Lord. And then please post comments about how spending time with the Lord made you more attractive to your spouse. Also, post the passage of Scripture you were in this week.

My attractive moment came from Proverbs 1. 20 - 33. This passage then made me want to look at more verses that address God's view on money and I went to the Dave Ramsey site. Scroll down and look for the little Bible symbol - can you believe over 800 Bible references to finances/stewardship?

3 comments:

Brent said...

Does the first paragraph really have to be an either/or proposition? I mean, both/and? ;)

Tiffany said...

Barie Sue! This is Tiffany Taylor...formerly Adams. How are you?? Morale (well, Walker now!) tracked me down the other day, and she pointed me to your site. I am so happy to see how wonderfully things are turning out for you and Keith. (And of course the first thing I see when I get to your site is a post about boobs. Fabulous!) Your children are just gorgeous, and I'm sure they keep you busy. I have 2 boys: Caleb (3) and Isaac (10 months). You can see a little slice of our life at oneamazingblog.blogspot.com. It's a little light on content so far, but I just started it yesterday. ;) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I'll check in with you again soon! You are an amazing woman!

Gennae H. said...

James 3:1-12

I know that keeping my tongue in check makes me so much more attractive to my husband. I tend to be very critical rather than supportive. When times get stressful or I don't feel "heard" I raise my voice. Not only at my husband but also at my kids. I continue to struggle in this area.

I also found 1 Timothy 4:1-16 that talks about being in shape. Verse 8 says "For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come". This challenges me to focus less on getting my old body back and more on being in shape spiritually. And hopefully my husband will like that better than the size 2 he married. And I think this ties right in to your "Better Than A Boob Job" theory!