10.28.2008

The blessing of life


I don't have long to make a posting. But I just want to say thank you to all of you who have prayed for us and loved on us during this time. God has been so good to give us peace in the midst of confusing times. I have seen His hand on the whole situation since the seizure occurred early Sunday morning. I know that God, in His sovereignty, could have chosen things to go much different, but I just thank Him with all of my heart that He has brought Keith through this so that I get to enjoy more of this life with my wonderful husband. I have wrestled with Him a lot during the past couple of days knowing that I would still have to praise Him even if Keith didn't come out of his unconscious state or if there had been permanent damage to his brain.
But, as of today, it seems that He has graciously chosen to give us the Keith we all know and love back. He is still not all with it, but we are seeing HUGE improvements hour by hour. He doesn't understand why I cry when he says my name or lets me curl up beside him in the bed. He doesn't know that just this time yesterday I was begging God to give me those things again.
Keep praying for us as we still have a lot to process and Keith has a lot of healing to do. We are waiting right now for him to get out of surgery to relieve the sinus pressure on his brain that may have caused the seizure in the first place. Pray that we do not lose sight of how God is growing us thru this valley and that we grow in our faith as we remember His faithfulness to us. I have to admit that I have felt very lonely these past couple of days not having my husband to talk to even though the Lord has been so kind to surround me with not only His presence but the presence of many precious family and friends.
Remember to enjoy every minute that God gives you with your family. I want to close by posting some recent pics of moments to savor - like Steven Curtis Chapman's song says, they are "moments made for worshipping."



I love you all and thank God for you!

12 comments:

Courtney said...

Barie,
Kyle and I are praying for you and Keith that God supernaturally comes in and heals Keith completely and wholly. From what I've experienced with my dad, I know that God is still in the business of miracles!! We are so thankful to read of Keith's updates from your blog and the church emails. Know that we are praying for you guys, and standing in faith with you for healing. We love you guys. Give Keith our love and tell him to keep fighting the good fight of faith.

Kendall said...

Barie,
How wonderful to hear such a wonderful update from you! I can't even imagine how hard the last few days have been. We will continue to pray for Keith's recovery and we are here ANY time of the day and night for you!
Love you!
Kendall

Anonymous said...

Sweet Barie,

With tears streaming down my face I read this post. I'm praising the Lord with you!!
You, Keith, the kid's and the rest of your family have been in our prayers day and night. We serve a mighty God! We're praising the Lord about Keith and thanking Him for carrying you all through this! If we can do anything! We will continue to pray!

Love,
Suzi

Dana said...

I too, read this post crying the whole time. You,once again, even in your trial have challenged me to trust in our Almighty God even more than I do. Your faith and love in Him is mighty and it shines through you even in trial. I love you so much and am so thankful to our Father for healing Keith! What plans He must have! Again I love you and will continue to pray for Keith's full recovery and rest and relaxation for you and your entire family.

Brent said...

...Amen.

lynnette said...

i have been thinking about you and keith and your families. peace, love, and hope to you in these moments.

lcritoph said...

Hey Barie Sue!

I am so glad to hear that things are going well for Keith! My heart melted on Sunday when I heard he news. I have been in constant prayer for Keith and the whole Ferguson clan. I am just so grateful for the things that you two have done for me in my own personal life. Watching and hearing about the way you guys are handling everything makes me so happy to know that we indeed serve and awesome God!

Thank you for everything that you guys do! I love you all! Even the newest edition! She is a cutie!

Hope Keith continues to get stronger and better! And thank you once again for being an awesome example!

Love you guys!

Lindsey Critoph

aspire2 said...

If I showed you my prayer journal, you'd find your names all over it. I've prayed fervently for Keith's recovery. His '05 DTS journalism classmates are holding him up in prayer, as well. So glad to have found your update on the web.

Kyla said...

Barie,
I prayed for Keith over and over all day after Jada called me with the news. We are so thankful to hear how much he is improving and are still praying for him. I called my mother-in-law here in Dallas and asked her to pray as well. Later she told me that she received a chain email from a completely different circle of people asking for prayers for Keith and your family. God is so faithful to bring praying people together that don't even know each other! I will be keeping up through Jada. God bless you and your precious family.

Tomi said...

We love you so much! I praise God for you and our friendship!

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

You don't know me. I'm a friend of Brent's. I live in Germany (ask Brent about it sometime...) I wanted to tell you that I have been praying for you and am still praying for you.
May you allow yourself to feel and know that God continually holds you and your little family in His hand.

Morale said...

Oh my darling. I am soooo glad to hear that you both are on the healing side. I can not begin to imagine the thoughts that ran thru your head in those two days. Praise God! He sees that Keith has much work to do here still. My love to you all. BIG HUGS!

Morale`