10.20.2008

Brynlee three month photo shoot...

So, I am a little behind in posting these. Brynlee turned three months on October 2nd. We have a sweet friend, Rachel Parkhurst, who is a wonderful photographer. I have tried my hardest to narrow down the pics to my absolute favorites, but there are still quite a few that I want to post.







I did not think that having a daughter would be a big deal to me. I mean, I have loved being a mom to three boys and thought that having another boy would have been awesome. I am the mom that wants to poke people in the eye when they say things like, "Are you hoping for a girl?" or, "Three boys, wow, I'm so sorry!" I have seriously had so many comments like these made to me - with my boys right there listening!! I can't even recount how many times I said during my pregnancy, "I love having boys and would be thrilled if this one is a boy too." But then she arrived. Her first two months were a little rough - her brothers definitely beat her at being easier babies. It doesn't matter though because she's my daughter. Something inside me wants to shout "thank you" to God so many times throughout the day when I look at her or hold her. She adds just the right amount of feminity to our very boyish home. I love the mix of three boys and one girl. I couldn't have planned it better if I had tried - I'm so glad that God's plan always prevails over what I think is best.

Thank you Lord for the gifts of family and life. Thank you for a home that is filled with laughter and sweet memories always in the making. Keith and I just pray that we will be good stewards with the incredible gifts we've been given.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love all the pictures! I can't believe how quickly she is changing and looking like herself now. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her! You are right - she wasn't the happiest tiny infant...ha.
Can't wait to see all the "grands" on Sat.
Love, Mama E.

Courtney said...

So cute! Great pics!

Kendall said...

Brynlee looks adorable! When I saw her on that quilt my heart skipped a beat. I have pictures of Cori like that on the doll dresses quilt. Love it! Rachel is a such a blessing. I love having a friend take pictures of our family. It makes them that more special. Love, Kendall