9.19.2006

HCBC - Pf Women's Retreat

This weekend I attempted to attend the Hill Country Bible Church - Pflugerville's Women's Retreat with Kale. We only made it thru Saturday morning, but we had a wonderful time getting to know some of the women at the church better. Kale smiled for the first time on Saturday morning for Amy Pruitt and then for Kathy Box. He waited until Sunday morning to show mommy and daddy his beautiful smile. We look forward to many more Kale smiles :)

Here are a couple of pictures taken outside our cabin. The ladies in the second picture are some of the staff wives from HCBC - Pf: Stacie Thompson, Kathy Box, Amy Pruitt and Vicki Roth.

We took the boys to the big pond on the property after we loaded mine and Kale's stuff. You'll see in the pictures that we almost adopted a duck while we were there.




We spent the rest of the weekend packing and organizing. We thought we were going to have a little bit longer to move out of this house after we closed on our new home, but we found out on Friday that we have to move out by noon on the 7th so that the new tenants can move in that afternoon. It's really an awesome story about how that all transpired, but it would take me too long to type it because I would feel the need to include every detail. All I will say is that is was definitely a "God thing." Kale's umbilical cord is still attached as of tonight. The nurse said to give it until he is two months old before bringing him in to see the doctor. I am so ready to give him a real bath. Please pray it comes off soon. I might be a little bit slower at posting than I previously thought. I have had this post in the works since this time last night and I'm just now able to finish it. It's amazing how fast time flys when we're having fun!

No comments: