2.14.2008

Happy Valentine's Day!



We just finished a wonderful dinner of chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, fried okra, and rolls - Keith's favorite meal. I am so incredibly blessed to have Keith to celebrate Valentine's Day with every year. I am so undeserving of such an amazing, godly, man of integrity. He loves his family so well. But most importantly, he loves the Lord. He is intelligent and funny. He always can make me smile. We've almost been married for eight years and have dated since our junior year in high school - and during all that time, Keith has been my very best friend, the one that I would rather spend an evening with over anyone else.

And then there are my boys. They are all so different and so beautiful. They definitely make our life rich and full of fun. They are curious and always busy. And boy can they all eat. The way to Kade's heart is thru sweets of any kind. The way to Kamden's heart is thru time spent just cuddling. And the way to Kale's heart is thru food of any kind. He is not picky. They love to dogpile with their daddy. And they love to read books with their mommy. They love going to the pizza place and McDonald's. Kade loves being first. Kamden loves to help. And Kale loves to be able to do what his brothers can do. One has dark bluish gray eyes. One has brown eyes. And one has bright sky blue eyes. My oldest loves competition. My middle son loves to wear a cape. And my youngest loves to get his way and make people laugh. Together, they are an absolutely breathtaking sight to see. When they're together, they bring a smile to everyone's face. And I am so blessed to get to be their mommy.

And now there is our little girl, growing and getting ready to make her debut in this house full of boys. From her sonogram, we can gather that she is a modest little thing. It took her awhile to want to show us anything. I can't wait to have a daughter to enjoy this life with. Our birthdays are going to be really close together, so I'm already looking forward to celebrating life with her. I wonder if she'll have my eyes and Keith's smile or my smile and Keith's eyes. I wonder if she's destined to be a tomboy because of the family she's entering or if she will be the extreme opposite of her brothers and be a girly girl. I wonder if she'll be analytical like her daddy or a social butterfly like her mommy. Can you tell that I can't wait to meet our daughter?

I hope everyone has been reminded on this Valentine's Day how precious the gift of love is and that we all never take it for granted that we are loved.

3 comments:

Brent said...

It's fair to say that I don't know the dynamics of having boys in the house. I mean, we have Lloyd the dog, but he doesn't really count.

But here's what I do know:

Having a daughter in the house will be a blessing beyond measure. I'm pretty excited for you two...especially Keith. Because I can tell you from experience that the words "Daddy's home" coming from a feminine register can erase 10-12 hours of awful.

It's pretty magical.

Hallam Fam News said...

This was such a sweet and sappy post - I loved it, but all I can think is, Does Kamden EVER wear pants????? ha! can't wait to have a half-nekkid boy running around my house!
-darin

Mandy said...

I know I don't know you that well, but I'm so excited for you! We just found out that we're expecting too, but it's still a little while until we find out what it is! Maybe we'll get to add some femininity into my house full of boys. Congratulations!
Mandy
(aka the girl who accidentally found you on the internet!)