2.12.2008

Celebrations

This pic was taken yesterday at the doctor's office waiting to find out if we are having a girl or boy...Jada and I have had a couple of times where our pregnancies have overlapped, but we have never had the experience of having sonograms at the same doctor's office at the same time. It just added to the special day having Nick and Jada with us to celebrate with. We also let Kade come to see if he was going to have a brother or sister. He was right the whole time though - even in the sonogram room he was telling us that he knew the baby was a girl. After we left the dr.'s office, we went and picked up Darin and Kinsey and all went for ice cream to celebrate. And then, Keith and I had our date night last night. So yesterday was a very good day :)

A precious lady, Judy Hocher, watched Kamden and Kale for us while we were at the doctor. When we returned and told her it was a girl, she immediately went to her car and came back with our sweet girl's first outfits.
This next pic was taken Sunday night at the Wingate Hotel. Our church is putting on Life University - Marriage Edition for the last three Sunday's in February. We kicked it off with a romantic date night at the Wingate with a catered meal. It was so much fun and we were just overwhelmed by the number of couples who are attending - 62 couples in all! We are just praying that God will strengthen all of our marriage relationships during this time as that relationship is the most important one in all of our lives outside of our relationship with the Lord. This also shows you my "pregnant with my fourth child" belly at 20 weeks. I honestly don't know what my belly is going to do with me not getting pregnant anymore after this baby is born. It just knows that it is supposed to start expanding every year or so.
This is a pic of Paul and Anna Williamson and the boys taken on Sunday afternoon. Paul was the children's minister at FBO during our time there and just got married to Anna this past summer. They are such an amazingly sweet couple who just ooze the love of the Lord. They are at Wycliffe Bible Translator School right now preparing to go to one of the least reached parts of the world sometime in the summer of 2009.
We had a brief time of relaxation at the farm this past Friday and Saturday. I just loved this pic of Kade and Horace on the tractor. Kade thinks he is supposed to be right where Horace is the whole time we're at the farm. I wish everyone had a retreat place to go to like the farm with H&R. Outside of my home, that is definitely my favorite place to be. For anyone who is in need of a retreat place, they have one at the farm called Emmaus Walk Christian Retreat Center. It will accommodate up to 32, but if you're thinking about scrapbooking, only plan on 8 or 9 max. It's in the middle of a cow pasture and the most peaceful place you'll ever go.
We are still a little in shock that we are having a girl. That will definitely change our family dynamics :) But we are so excited and overwhelmed by God's amazing goodness to us. I say this a lot, but I will never understand why the Lord has blessed us like he has. We just pray that we are good stewards with all we have been given and that we always point people to Jesus.

We are still thinking on a name for our baby girl but are really leaning towards Brynlee Sage. I also like Landry, Grier, Kylie, Blakely, Bailey, Korley, Kampbell and Berkley, so as you can see, her name might change a couple of times before she gets here, but for now, it is Brynlee.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Barie!!! That is great news!!!

Dana said...

For some reason I thought you told me Brynlee Faith. I love Brynlee Sage too, but it confused me. I know this little girl will be a blessing to you and she is so blessed to have you as a role model.

Morale said...

WOW!! #4. Your hands will be full, and blessing plentifull. Big congrats. And finally getting to dress in pink! I am so happy for you guys. Yeah!

Prayers, Prayers, Prayers.

Love you both.
Jenn.

Courtney said...

Congrats, Barie Sue! I really like the name, too. Actually, I liked all of them and was impressed with how unique they all are. (Of course, I think Kyle might be more partial to you naming her "Kylie!") Now we will have two boys and two girls within weeks of each other.

Morale said...

Mom and I thought of one, yesterday... Kendal. If you want to stay with the K's... But since the boys and Keith all have K's..Go with Brynlee, so the girls are B's. LOL...oh who cares.. Your having a girl! Yeah. = )