2.10.2011

school time

We decided to homeschool Kade, Kamden, and Kale this semester. We are finishing up Week 6 tomorrow and I can still say that I am loving it. I had my doubts because it definitely keeps me inside more than what is normal for me. But...that is actually a beautiful thing. Because I am very social and because the nature of Keith's profession keeps us going all the time, it has been wonderful to have an "excuse" to totally focus on the kids. Plus, I have always had a hidden desire to teach, so the lesson prep stuff actually energizes me instead of being draining. Our home seems more peaceful because we're not loading and unloading in and out of the car all the time - which for those of you with large families, you know that is a BEAST and can make the most pleasant day go bad very quickly. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we'll be back in the public schools at some point. We've been blessed to have had an awesome experience with our elementary school. We just simply wanted more time with the kids and wanted to be able to engage them in their educational process more than we were finding the opportunity to while they were at public school. Today was such a good day where they all stayed on task that I had to capture a couple of pictures.


Keith has been taking the boys through this book the past couple of weeks. Don't be fooled by the fact that Kale is asleep and Kamden is very close to being asleep - they really do love the book and the special time with their daddy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are blogging again! Hooray! :-)
Love the home school and daddy/daughter dance pics. :-)

Unknown said...

oops- used Leia's account..this is actually Laura :-) ...and you thought my 8 month old was commenting on your blog- isn't she amazing?!?! ;-)

Kendall said...

love the post! Does Kamden enjoy the fact that he can do a full school day without putting on a shirt? That sounds like a fun boy thing.

Adam & Ains have been reading Voyage of the Dawn Treader (and want to finish before the movie disappears in the theaters). Love it.

Elizabeth said...

Good to see that you are blogging again. Cute pictures - enjoyed seeing what everyone is doing!:) Love, e.