5.11.2009

A Formal and Blue Hair :)

Keith and I got to have fun getting dressed up in formal attire for a Gala event last weekend (thanks, John!). We had a blast even though the virus was beginning to make me feel sick towards the end of the night. What really made the evening memorable was coming home and getting changed just in time for our two oldest boys to throw up all over their room. There's nothing like lots of throw-up to get you back to reality :) Here we are pre-sickness:

I am married to one HOT man and I'm so thankful that he is the absolute love of my life. I know many of you are going to get a chuckle out of this: we had to stop by the store and pick up dog food on the way home and we actually heard a couple of comments that we must have just come back from prom. If only they knew that we were on our way home to take care of our FOUR kids and that we were about to turn the big 3-0!

Speaking of the big 3-0, we are one week away from kicking off our month long celebration. That's right, I figure that with all that Keith went thru with his health last year that we need to really celebrate life and turning 30 is a good reason to have fun :)

I actually began prepping for turning 30 a couple of weeks ago when I had my hair done - can you see my blue streaks in this picture ;) The boys think I'm the coolest mom ever because I have blue hair. Kamden came up to me this morning with a red marker and asked me to bend down so that he could give me red hair. I'm a little afraid to go to sleep while they are awake now!

3 comments:

Karen said...

You both look so beautiful! I wish i could see your blue hair! I take care of patients all the time who are just old enough to go to prom and have 4 kids!!! Yikes.

Marni said...

I love the blue hair!! :)

You guys totally look young enough to pull off the prom-look. Revel in that while you have it ;-)

Keith, we're praying for you and your family. I'm so sorry about your Mimi.

Morale said...

So funny, I am making mom a book for mothers day, and I just saw all of our prom pictures. (posted on Facebook), Neither of you have changed a bit, so I see why they would think that way. I hope you are all feeling better.
Love ya.
Morale.