3.23.2009

He's growing up

You can tell how many 4+ year olds we have in our home by the # of beds made in the morning. This is one of the big responsibilities that our children get to assume when they turn four. It's like a rite of passage. Kamden came out of his room when the alarm went off the next morning after his birthday saying, "Mom, I made my bed this morning because I'm four now." How awesome is that?!! I think he did an awesome job for his first time. I did have to fight my desire to go straighten it up throughout the day though, but I didn't want him to think he didn't do good himself. I have found that it is much easier to add responsibilities to our kids on their birthdays because they actually get excited that the extra chores mean they are bigger. Now, I'm sure they'll catch on in the next couple of years, but I am not going to stop the momentum now :)

At first Kamden just wanted a small party in our backyard, but somehow it morphed into a Spiderman pizza shindig at the local park. We had a great time though - the best part I thought was that his party was very laid back like Kamden. His favorite birthday presents were his Leapster and Bakugans. I have now joined the group of moms who are walking billboards for the Leapsters. They are awesome - very educational and very entertaining at the same time. They keep the boys occupied when they are needing to sit still somewhere - like the car - for long periods of time. I don't know who is enjoying the Leapster more - the boys or mom? :)


No comments: