1.17.2009

Big Moments

A couple of milestones last week:

Brynlee cut her first tooth. (I don't have a pic of this yet because she is not big into showing it off just yet.)

I dealt with five poopies all before 10 a.m. - and yes, I only have four children, so this is a new record for such a short time. (obviously no pic of this :)

I began training for my first triathlon. Keith and I ran a little over 2 miles two different times this week and I ran at the gym one day for a total of 6 miles this week. That's huge for me because usually I tap out at 1 mile per workout. Here is a pic of Keith and I after we finished our first two mile jog.


The boys entered the Bakugan craze officially. Keith and I hid a starter pack for each of the boys in the backyard Monday night and made the boys go on a flashlight hunt. I gave each of them a riddle and they had to figure out where their surprise was located. We could hardly get them to go to bed that night because they just wanted to play with their Bakugan's.



I am doing this photo project called Project 365. It's where you are supposed to take a photo a day for the whole year and turn it into a book. One of the pics that Becky Higgins posted on her blog was one of herself taken thru the rearview mirror. It looked really cool and I was curious what I looked like while driving. Only thing is that Becky made it sound so easy to get the picture...wasn't so easy for me. It took me about 15 shots to get this one o.k. shot. And no, I was not driving while I took this picture.

I have been at my bi-annual scrapbooking retreat this weekend. The whole scrapbooking thing is a love/hate relationship in my life. I love the concept, but I don't get much done at all. This was the first time in a long time that I even attempted to scrapbook, and I am already dissapointed with what I didn't get done. But I am trying to be positive and enjoy the process. The one thing I do enjoy is the extended time I get with some really precious friends. Laura, Tomi and I put all of our babies (Lincoln, Truly and Brynlee) in a tub tonight for bathtime. The babies had a blast and we just enjoyed them already getting to bond with each other. We have laughed a lot, ate a lot, pulled a couple of practical jokes and gone for a walk - and scrapbooked a little :) I'll hopefully get to post pictures from this weekend sometime before the end of the month.

4 comments:

My Journey to Hope said...

Hey, Barie!
I love reading your family's updates. Your recap of 2008 sounded amazing. When you state it out like that, you accomplished so much. I appreciate the way you & Keith value family and people and ministry, and find a way to balance it all out. You make it look so easy! I really wish we lived closer so we could do playdates with the kiddos. Miss you guys!

-Michelle Wallace

Kendall said...

You didn't get all 4 baby books completed this weekend? Just kidding. That all sounds like fun. I don't know what Bakugan is, so you will have to educate me. If it's a little boy thing...I guess that would explain it. What did the ladies think of the 365 project?
love,
Kendall

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad to hear the part where you were not driving while taking the rear view mirror picture...ha.
Sounds like you had a fun weekend, even if you didn't get all the pictures in the right place.:) I'll be interested in seeing the "Bakugan" experience, too. I do not know what that looks like. Thanks for the update.
Love, Mama E.

Parkhurst Studios said...

Fun update. I enjoy reading your blogs. Probably shouldn't admit that I've taken pictures while driving... of myself, the sunset, other random sites... I should not do that.