7.17.2008

Missing my boys!

So, you would think that I would love having a couple of days with just two kids vs. four to get used to life with a newborn. But, I have felt a little lost this week honestly. Kade and Kamden have been having a great time with their E. and Papa this week, but their mama has struggled. Those two add so much life to our home. It's funny, Kale usually entertains himself when his two older brothers are home, but while they have been gone, he has acted like he doesn't know how to play by himself. Keith and I have become his playmates and he has a meltdown if we leave him at all. So I think I have discovered that it is harder to just have the two younger ones than when I have all four of them, even with all the demands.

We have had some awesome time to just love on Kale and get to know Brynlee though. Kale continues to amaze us with his love for music. He can sing more songs at 23 months old than I could sing at ten years old, I think. His favorite is "Savior, He Can Move the Mountains." He sings the chorus to that song at least 10 times a day. He also loves "My God is An Awesome God," "Zaccheus Was A Wee Little Man," "Old MacDonald," "Praise Ye The Lord," "Praise Him, Praise Him, All Ye Little Children," "Jesus Loves the Little Children," and "Jesus Loves Me." He can sing all of these with clarity. And he is always so joyful. I just love how he gets excited about everything.

Brynlee is beautiful and an easy baby. She is sleeping well for the most part and hardly ever cries. Kale has stepped up to his big brother role this week and really taken good care of her. He will not let any other children get near her - he'll get by her and yell "My baby!" And we catch him kissing her a lot.

I'll stop rambling now and post some pics which are what you really want anyways. The journaling is more for me to remember what to scrapbook about, so forgive the long blog.





4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Papa and Mama E. had great fun having Kade and Kamden with us. Thanks for sharing them and hope we didn't spoil them too much...ha.
Maybe we can take Kale next time, too.
Love, Mama E.

Anonymous said...

Barie Brynlee is beautiful...she looks like Kade!!

I can't wait to see her in person!

Anonymous said...

I mean Kamden!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.