7.23.2007

Happy Birthday Papa!!

We thought it would be fun to pay a little tribute to papa by posting pictures taken of him with the boys these last three years. I won't get too mushy, but he truly is the best papa to our boys and the greatest dad and dad-in-law to Keith and I. He has a couple of quirky hobbies that every papa should pick-up: such as collecting McDonald's Happy Meal toys, finding really good diaper prices and then always arriving with a couple of packages in hand, collecting baseball cards and maybe the best hobby is figuring out how to get the most out of the uPromise college accounts for the boys (which includes gift certificates to the boys' favorite place: McDonald's). Plus, he is always ready to read to Kade, Kamden and Kale or throw a ball around. Sometimes he tries to fool us by acting as if he doesn't know what to do with them: like when Kale had a penny in his mouth and he asked what he should do. But I just think he's really smart and knows how to keep from ever having to watch them by himself.
For Keith and I, he's a great source of wisdom when it comes to life, especially in the area of finances. And he's a great role model for Keith when it comes to loving his wife and family. Not having had an engaged father growing up, I appreciate that my husband did have an engaged dad who taught him faithfulness, integrity and also inspired him to be the best he could be.
Now I'll stop and just leave you with some fun papa pics (in no particular order).





























We love you Papa!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

thank you Barie for doing such a great job with the pictures...I really appreciate all the nice comments too....I am so lucky to have such a wonderful daughter-in-law!!!...I love all of you."the problem spotter"...papa

Elizabeth said...

I love the pictues, too. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Miss you. Love, Mama E.
Such sweet comments about Papa!