5.10.2007

Special Visitor

We were so blessed to have Nanny, one of the boys' great grandmothers, visit us for dinner on Wednesday evening. We were also blessed to get to spend time with Bonnie Kay, Keith's aunt, and dad. They stopped in for a quick dinner after attending a funeral for nanny's brother-in-law. It's not everyday for most people that you get to have your great grandmother over for dinner, so this was very special for our family. Here are some pics of nanny while she was here -

As you can tell, Kale really enjoyed our company. He entertained everyone with his newest trick - a really cute wave. He also showed them how loud he could scream while we were all eating dinner. I have never heard a baby scream as loud as he does. We are really having to work hard at teaching him that he does not get our attention by screaming. It's really hard though, because honestly, I would do anything to make him stop screaming. I guess he thinks that screaming is the only way to really get someone's attention when you're the youngest of three.

We went to Dallas on Monday and Tuesday because a close family friend passed away and Keith did the funeral for her. The boys got to spend some more time with e. and papa and granny. Here are a couple of pics taken while we were in Dallas.


On our way back home, we decided to break up the trip with a little stop at Baylor University, the college where Keith and I graduated from in 2001. We went and showed the boys the bears. Then we all went to the bookstore. While Keith was trying on hats, the boys found their own hats to try on...


Are they not hilarious? I know Keith probably gets tired of me always taking pictures, but some things are just too good to pass up. Kale also surprised us while we were at the bookstore by pulling up for the first time. He has since pulled up a couple of more times. But I actually got a picture of his initial pull up - which is very exciting for a scrapbooker.

O.K., it's almost 12:30 at night, so I think I better go to bed now. The boys will be up in 6 more hours, ready for another day. To all my friends and family who are moms - Happy Mother's Day! Isn't God so gracious to allow us the privilege of being a mom? I am constantly amazed at the blessings He has poured out on me and just pray that I glorify Him in my roles as wife and mom. Goodnight!

5 comments:

Brent said...

You graduated from college in 2001?

Oh, man. All of a sudden I'm feeling very, very old.

Of course, I'll now return that favor by telling you that Kelsey is 4 months away from getting her driver's license...

Barie Sue said...

That's crazy! I remember when Dana, Megan and I would babysit for Kelsey and Shelby when they were like 4 and 2. Thanks for making me feel old - but not as old as you for sure :)

Elizabeth said...

I loved the new pictures. What fun to see Kale pull up! Thanks for sharing. Get some rest! Happy Mom's Day.
Love, Mama E.

Dana said...

These are great pictures and a wonderful reminder of what a gift God gives us in having our family. I am so amazed that he chose me to raise these 3,so far, precious children of his. I am also blessed to have a friend like you who constantly challenges me to be a better mom and wife!
Thanks to Brent for giving me a reality check as to how old I am!
Love you

Morale said...

It is so funny that Kale screams. Dakota, Katie's 3rd, that was born like a week before Kale does the exact samething! It is almost like a sieren sometimes. And she has everyone's attention, on what to do to make her stop before she starts breaking glass.
So funny.
Love ya!