5.28.2007

Birthday, 7 yr Anniversary, and Vacation!!

Last Friday, my sweet husband turned 28 - to celebrate, we had dinner at the Hula Hut with Nick and Jada. Now we had a really funny experience while we were there. While we were waiting to be seated, all of us were talking about how we really hadn't seen the "weird" side of Austin culture since we had all moved here. No sooner had we finished that conversation, Nick looks out towards the area where the boats were docking and said, "Don't look, there is a naked man running up the dock towards us." Well, you know we all had to turn around and look and sure enough, there was a naked man. What cracked me up was the amount of people taking pictures. Really, you want a picture of that? Anyways, at least now the four of us can truthfully say we've seen a little piece of the weirdness everyone talks about.

On Saturday, we left for our annual family vacation - this year to Bandera, TX. Our first stop was at Cabela's. Really, they should charge an admission fee. Our boys loved it. While we were there, we bought Kade and Kamden each a pop gun since we were going to the "Cowboy Capital of the World." Have you ever listened to two pop guns going off non-stop for 7 days straight - from dawn until dusk? Keith and I have. I think we are going to get pop guns for all of Kade and Kamden's friends for their birthdays so that their parents experience the same joy that we did all week :)


On Sunday, we went to SeaWorld. Sunday was also our 7 year anniversary - without being too mushy, I am more in love with my husband than ever. I can't even put into words what an incredible husband and father he is. The Lord has brought me so much joy in my marriage. I am truly overwhelmed with thankfulness. Was that too mushy?

Kale actually started clapping while we were watching "Believe," the Shamu show. He was so proud of his newest trick that he performed it for us all week.
We spent as much time as we could enjoying the outdoors. Bandera is in the hill country, which is just gorgeous! Our favorite spot in Bandera was the City Park, where the Medina River passed thru the city. Here we are enjoying the river and blowing bubbles at the park on Tuesday evening.



Wednesday morning, we went back to the park, but this time found a low water crossing in the river so that we could play in the water.

Keith taught me and the boys how to skip rocks. This was really the highlight of the trip for the boys. They could have stayed there throwing rocks all day if we had let them.
It rained a lot of our vacation, but we did enjoy some sun and pool time on Wednesday afternoon.

It was really rainy and wet on Thursday, so we took the boys to the local museum - The Frontier Times Museum. There was a sweet lady who did a really good job of keeping Kade's attention the whole time. Kamden and Kale, on the other hand, were not as impressed. Here they are on one of the old saddles that was displayed. I don't think we'll try to take them to anymore museums in the next couple of years. That memory will do us for awhile.



Here is a pic of Kale I took today while he was standing by the train table. He is growing up way too fast for us. I haven't taken any pictures yet of his teeth, but he now has two on the bottom.


Well, I think I've caught you up on our lives thus far. We came back from vacation to enjoy the Memorial Day holiday. The boys and I have really gotten spoiled to having Keith home with us all day. But tomorrow starts regular life again and we are looking forward to that too.

6 comments:

Keith Ferguson said...

Wow - I have an awesome wife and three awesome boys. These are great pics of the trip. I'm re-living the whole trip just seeing the pictures. I can't believe we're seven years into this thing - it feels like we just started. Love you!

Marni said...

Do you remember way back before when you felt God calling you and Keith to the Austin area and I made the comment about how weird Austin was? That comment was prompted by a visit to the Hula Hut!! No joke, we saw some interesting folks there :)

The pictures of your trip are so sweet and I can't believe how big the boys are getting. Happy belated anniversary to you both and happy belated birthday to Keith. Hope you guys have a great week. We miss you and love you lots.

Marni

Dana said...

I love you guys and it looks like y'all had a blast! I thought of you last Sunday and the 7years y'all have been together! Blessings on the next 77! I love you,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Barie, I would like to let you know now that I will pass on the pop gun thing, k?
Looks like you had a ton of fun on your vacation.

Brent said...

You know, I'm okay with it if you wanted to get mushy.

And, is it true that you've now officially been married longer than you dated? ;)

Morale said...

WOW 7 years!! That went by fast! You don't have to get mushy...we see it in all of your smiles! Sea World, the second greatest place on earth!
Love you guys.