7.01.2011

bryn's sweet shoppe party

I can't even count the times we've found Brynlee trying to sneak candy. This addiction has been evident from a very young age. So, I thought I would feed her addiction problem by throwing her a sweet shoppe party yesterday. It is so easy to prepare for because you just have to have lots of sugar available :-) Here's some of what was available during the party and for the candy buckets they got to fill up to take home....
CAKE POPS

GOLDEN BUTTER CUPCAKES WITH HOMEMADE ICING (AND A GUMDROP)

SOUR WORMS, AIR HEADS AND LOTS OF STARBURST

GIANT PIXIE STICKS, BLOW POPS, RING POPS, LEMON HEADS, AND BAZOOKA GUM

SKITTLES, GUM BALLS, LIFE SAVERS AND FRUIT SNACKS

BRYNLEE'S CANDYLAND BIRTHDAY CAKE
The best part was throwing the party at Chuck E Cheese. My friend, Laura, sent me a great tip that helped keep the cost really affordable. I did a party thru them, but only for 4 (the minimum). Then, I used all my free tokens coupons and a couple of other coupons to gather lots of tokens and a couple of pizzas to have for guests. Since I paid for the 4 person party, Bryn got to have Chuck E. sing to her and got the token crown and big balloon - just like if we had paid for the 20+ kids that were at the party. Even our hostess was saying how smart that was because usually, for the $11.99 price per kid, they only provide 20 tokens per child. She said that runs out so fast and then they don't know what to do for the rest of the 2 hours. Our way, we had tokens to hand out the whole time and still came home with probably 50 tokens that didn't get used. I'm thinking we need to do every party at Chuck E Cheese because it felt too good to leave the crumbs and the dirty plates there and come home to a clean home!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: