3.07.2011

new look for our buffet

I have no idea why I didn't take a before photo. I took one of the buffet after it was sanded (boring) and primed (even more boring), but not what it looked like before I started messing with it. I'm going to go back and try to find an old photo of my dining room with this piece in there. The transformation is pretty drastic. All of the hardware was falling off and there were scratches and sticker residue (that would be Brynlee's doing) everywhere. I loved the function of it though and it is a very sturdy piece, so I decided to make my first attempt at refinishing a piece of furniture. Though it took me a little longer than I would have liked (I tend to get distracted and am ready to move on to another project pretty quickly), I persevered and ended up with this pretty piece that now holds all of my crafty stuff. It really is incredible what a new coat of paint and new hardware can do for an older piece of furniture.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Karen said...

very pretty! Did u put this in your entry way? i love it.

Elizabeth said...

Looks great! Glad you can still use it!
love, mom e.

Unknown said...

Very nice!

The Blanton Bunch said...

i love it!

Hannah said...

Wow!! I am impressed! Started following your sweet family off of some other blogs. :-)))

Caitie Davis said...

LOVE this! You did such a great job Barie :)

stephanie singleton said...

Looks awesome, Barie! I don't know how you find the time to do this with 4 munchkins and home schooling! Did you have them help with the sanding and call it "Art"? LOL

stephanie singleton said...

I looked through our "pre-trip training" photos from last fall to see if I had a "before" picture for you, but , alas, I could not find one!