12.29.2008

Our best ever...


Hands down, this Christmas will go down as one of our favorites.  This was the first year that I can truly say we focused on the two things I always want to focus on but seem to lose sight of each Christmas season - Jesus and family.  Yes, I still have Christmas cards that still need to be put in the mail.  But I see that as evidence that I am actually starting to figure out what is truly important vs. what is urgent.  Usually, I would be so stressed out because I didn't get all my cards out before Christmas, but this year, I'm just thankful that my card says "Merry Christmas AND Happy New Year because they will for sure be getting them in the new year. :)  Actually, I did almost stress about this and a couple of other "to do" list items as Christmas got closer, but the Lord was so good to remind me at just the right time that the world would not stop if those things weren't done.  Now I feel like I might be taking advantage of that truth a little - when does it just become plain procrastination?  

Cool news...we had at least 16 people put their trust in Christ for the first time at our Christmas Eve services at church.  What a way to kick off the Christmas celebrations!  Keith and I are just so thankful that God gives us a front row seat to see Him at work.  That was way better than any present we could have received.  But, speaking of presents, I am writing this blog on my new Mac computer.  Keith and I were planning on only giving each other our free upgrade phones for Christmas, but he surprised me and ordered a refurbed Mac.  I am loving it!  

Here are some pics from the past couple of weeks...






5 comments:

Kendall said...

Adorable! These pictures are great. Hey, we are starting baby solids over here today. I'll have to get the camera out too! I'm so glad your Christmas was full of such sweet moments.
love,
KC

Dana said...

Well, I got a new MAC as well. We will have to video chat sometime. I love the pictures, and missed seeing you this Christmas for the first time in probably 15 years.

Elizabeth said...

Great picture! Thanks for sharing.
Love, Mama E.

Brent said...

MACs are the best.

And, you want another good way to relieve stress? Stop even doing Christmas cards. With all the social networking pages & blog stuff, we realized there wasn't really a need.

My Journey to Hope said...

You have such a beautiful family! And I haven't mailed our Christmas cards out, either- thanks for making me feel better. :)

-Michelle Wallace