2.18.2007

Homemade Baby Food and A Virus

Last week I started making baby food for Kale. It is so much fun and very rewarding to be able to feed him fresh fruits and veggies. Sometimes he gets so excited that he "helps" me by pushing my hand with the spoon in it towards his mouth . My friend, Darin, has given me a lot of guidance in this endeavor. She has made all of Kinsey's baby food and made it seem so easy. And it really is pretty easy. An added benefit is that I have finally learned how to steam veggies. I know that those of you who are expert steamers are thinking, "what's the big deal about learning how to steam veggies?" Well, you know how sometimes you just don't try something because you have built it up in your mind to be really complicated. That's exactly what I had done with steaming veggies. I had no idea that all you had to do was put the veggies, frozen or fresh, in a steamer bowl over boiling water and let it go. I'm hoping that by blogging about getting over my fear of steaming veggies, someone out there will also be encouraged to go crazy with their steamer!

We have had an unwelcome visitor at our home since Friday evening - Kamden has been struck pretty hard with the Rotavirus. He has thrown up continually since Friday around 6:30 p.m. and hasn't had any food except for a couple of crackers since then also. I long to hear his little laugh again and see his cute smile. He was already lean to begin with so this virus has made him like a little limp noodle. He has even been throwing up the Gatorade that we've been giving him to stay hydrated. Please pray for quick healing and that he will be able to hold down a little something to give him energy. Pray also that Kade and Kale stay healthy (and mom and dad).

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry that Kamden is still not feeling well. Hopefully he will be back to normal soon. I am so glad that Granny was able to come and help you. Miss ya'll.
Love, Mama E.

Hallam Fam News said...

Making baby food IS fun and I'm so glad you are loving it! After the million "Mom" things that I have learned from you in the last 3+ years, I'm glad to be able to share something of my own :). We are praying for you guys and hoping that Kam is feeling much better soon! We miss you - hope we can get together soon!

Caitie Moon said...

poor kamden :(

I just recently learned about how that rotavirus works in my virology class...that's some nasty stuff.
I have yet to come see you guys...possibly the weekend before Spring Break? The 10th or 11th of March...
I'll be emailing :)